Dr. Sue JOHNSON is the main creator of EFT, an approach that has proven effective through consistent clinical research for over 25 years. A native of Canada, Dr. Johnson received a doctoral degree in psychological counseling from the University of British Columbia in 1984. She is:
- Emeritus Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa,
- Distinguished research professor of the Marital & Family Therapy Program in San Diego,
- Director of the International Center of Excellence in Emotional Therapy
- Director of the Ottawa Couple and Family Institute.
Dr. Sue JOHNSON’s best-known volumes that delineate principles, interventions, steps, and steps include:
- Hold Me Tight, Seven Conversations for a Lifetime
- Love Sense, The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships
- The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connection
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy with Trauma Survivors
In gratitude for his efforts, Dr. Sue Johnson was awarded the Order of Canada, the highest civilian honor. Established in 1967, the Order of Canada recognizes the merits of Canadians who serve the community and the country.
We, the Romanian EFT community, acknowledge and honor Susan Johnson’s vast contribution in the field of couples and family therapy worldwide through the development of EFT. Without its influence, the field of therapy would be poorer. Thank you so much, Sue!